If a payment method can’t be charged
- Use your device to check your payment information. You might see red text that explains why the payment method can't be charged.
- If your card was declined, add a new payment method or update your payment information. You can add multiple payment methods to your Apple ID.
- Your payment method will be charged for the unpaid balance. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps.
If you use Family Sharing and Purchase Sharing is turned on, the family organizer must update their billing information or add a new payment method. If you're not the family organizer, you can't change the payment method.
Verify your payment info
Your payments profile might be deactivated. To reactivate your profile, submit your payment information.
- Sign in to Google Pay.
- At the top, select Alerts.
- If you have a red alert, enter your payment information and wait for the team to respond.
- Check your email for the review results.
Try to pay with a different payment method
If there's a problem with one payment method you can try paying with a different one.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app.
- Go back to the item you want to buy & tap the price.
- Tap the current payment method.
- Choose a different payment method or add a new one.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your purchase.